March

*In order of what was read first

*Images are taken from the link attached to the title of each book

March Readings 

1. And The Mountains Echoed (remaining 124 of 421 pgs.)

By: Khaled Hosseini

2. Eleanor & Park (328 pgs.)

By: Rainbow Rowell

3. Sarah’s Key (293 pgs.)

By: Tatiana De Rosnay

4. The Poisonwood Bible  (414 of 543 pgs.)

By: Barbara Kingsolver

Total pages read: 1159 pages (37 pgs./day)

Completed mouth 2 of my reading ladder, and I’m happy I was able to maintain a decent amount of pages each day! Unlike last month, March was overly stressful and packed with school work. Reading was my escape and as you can see two of my readings were very light. Unfortunately I was unable to get The Secret Life of Bees and The Color Purple, so instead I read some other books from my reading lists and some that happen to cross my way.

I started of by finishing And The Mountains Echoed, and as I predicted, it was a beautiful story capturing the essence of family, discovery, betrayal, and love in the roller coaster of life’s journey. Khaled Hosseini is an amazing, inspirational writing that captures immense amount of emotions into his stories. All his books are a must read!

The next novel I read was Eleanor and Park, a simple read but nonetheless very powerful. Eleanor- red hair, mismatched clothes, a stick out. Park- an ordinary boy trying to finish high school normally. Two amazingly different individuals that cross paths and discover themselves in each other. Going against all odds and developing a relationship that cannot be described. I’ll leave it at that, although one spoiler alert: the ending is not so satisfying! 

Sarah’s Key, where do I even begin. Tatiana De Rosnay truly captured the horror of WW2 through the story of a young girl’s life. Tragic historical events were brought to my awareness after reading this book. Although I knew very well of the events of WW2, this book allowed me to step into a young, innocent girl’s shoes and glimpse at the hardships she had to face. Tatiana De Rosnay also intertwined the story of an American journalist who went on a mission to unravel the mystery buried in the apartment of her husbands family. As the journalist goes an this journey, she crosses paths with a dreadful occurrence which took place in her very own apartment. I recommend this book to all for it tells an incredible story of family, rejection, hidden truth, historical events, mystery, and an amazing yet painful discovery.

The last book of this month was The Poisonwood Bible and as I am still reading it, I will post more about it next month! So far it looks like it will be getting 5 stars! For next month, I am most looking forward to reading The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah, and if possible the books I wanted to read this month; The Color Purple and The Secret Life of Bees.