Me, the Blogger

Me, the Blogger

Reflect on your development as a blogger

As a newbie to creative writing class, I had no prior experience with blogging, so this semester has definitely been an exciting learning curve for me. I quite enjoyed setting up my own blog and exploring all the options I could choice from (although at one point the options got overwhelming and I had difficulty choosing!). To be honest, I need to spend more time on the blog, working to figure out what I like best. Due to busy school schedules, I have decided to work on my blog during the summer to set it up according to all the ideas in my head. Another factor that I love about blogging is that it brings excitement to writing new pieces. Seeing my pieces professional laid out and the satisfaction from it encourages me to write more and post more!

How would you critique your blog ?  

• Positive: in terms of the course, I’m proud of finishing all my blog posts on time and doing it to the best of my ability with the time that I had. I really like the theme of my blog. Originally, I had the theme fifteen which quite didn’t fit with what I wanted; however, this theme provides great options that I can use to efficiently post my pieces. Furthermore, I absolutely love some of the images I choose, these include images chosen for “Agape Love“, “And Stay,” and “C is for Church.”  
  • Need to improve: I don’t particular like my blog title or quote, so in the near future I will be working to rename my title to something that resonates with me. I have a couple of quotes that I’m picking from, I just need to choose my favourite! Another factor I need to work on is picking images that work with the piece and are related to the other images (theme wise). Lastly, I also need to go over all my pieces and ensure that GUMP’s and oppsies are fixed.     

What will you do with your blog after this course?

I will continue writing on this blog about things that I am passionate about and I will use it to keep track of all my readings. Blogging created a new passion for writing and I wish to pursue it. As I discovered in this semester, you only improve by practising and have a blog encourages you to do so. Furthermore, I will be taking creative writing next year, so I can continue using this blog for the following year.  

Which student blogs would you continue to follow?

• Aaron – Mindlessly Meticulous: Thank you Aaron for being a blogging guru! Your examples were amazing and it helped me figure out what I needed to do with my blog! 
  • Abhay – Philosophize to Conceptualize: Abhay, your writing pieces continue to mesmerize me! Please keep writing so I can read more of your amazing work!  
  • Preet – Rekindling: No matter how much you deny it, you are a fantastic writer, I truly admire you Preet! Thank you for supporting me and providing so many insightful ideas for my writing!
  • Zohra – Unfold Me: Thank you for all of your honest feedback Zohra! You writing pieces are truly breathtaking- I love how you are able to capture raw emotions into fragments! 

What professional bloggers have you explored?

• Fitness Blender: this is an excellent blog in which two trainers post a variety of exercises that individuals of all ages and circumstance can follow along. 
  • Love and Lemons: this is an easy to follow blog which my mom and I resort to when we need a quick and healthy meal/snack. 

header image: https://depositphotos.com/148952315/stock-illustration-sketch-of-girl-working-at.html